- 33 Downloads
Julie Schwartz Gottman is a renowned clinical psychologist and president and co-founder of The Gottman Institute, where she and her husband John Gottman teach workshops for couples and therapists. She is also the author or co-author of five books, frequently presents on radio and TV talk shows as an expert on marriage, and has been voted the Psychologist of the Year by the state of Washington.
Gottman was awarded her Ph.D. in clinical psychology from the California School of Professional Psychology in 1985. Following her doctoral graduation, she maintained an active private practice, lectured at local universities, and presented several workshops for cancer patients, abuse and trauma survivors, those who struggle with substance abuse issues, and distressed couples. She and her husband founded The Gottman Institute in Seattle, Washington, in 1996 as a way of improving research and psychotherapy practices for couples. Additionally, Gottman was a...
- Gottman, J. S. (Ed.). (2004). The marriage clinic casebook. New York: W. W. Norton & Company.Google Scholar
- Gottman, J. M., & Gottman, J. S. (2008). And baby makes three: The six-step plan for preserving marital intimacy and rekindling romance after baby arrives. New York: Three Rivers Press.Google Scholar
- Gottman, J. S., & Gottman, J. M. (2015). 10 principles for doing effective couples therapy. New York: W. W. Norton & Company.Google Scholar
- Gottman, J. M., & Gottman, J. S. (2018). The science of couples and family therapy: Behind the scenes at the love lab. New York: W. W. Norton & Company.Google Scholar
- Gottman, J. M., Gottman, J. S., & DeClaire, J. (2007). Ten lessons to transform your marriage: America’s love lab experts share their strategies for strengthening your relationship. New York: Three Rivers Press.Google Scholar
- Gottman, J. M., Gottman, J. S., Abrams, D., & Abrams, R. C. (2016). The man’s guide to women: Scientifically proven secrets from the “Love Lab” about what women really want. New York: Rodale.Google Scholar