Pew Research Center
The Pew Research Center is a nonprofit research center located in the United States which researches religion, demographics, politics, and public life.
The Pew Research Center conducts social science research on a variety of topics such as politics, policy, journalism, the media, Internet, technology, religion, public life, and demographics. Originally named the Times Mirror Center for the People & the Press, the Pew Research Center was created in 1990 and initially conducted polls on politics and policy issues (No Author 2018b). The Center is a nonprofit, tax-exempt organization primarily funded by The Pew Charitable Trusts (No Author 2018a). Overall, the methodology and research conducted by the Center is regarded as sound and reliable (Rakitt 2013). The Center is frequently cited and referenced in scholarly journals, magazines, newspapers, and dissertations/theses.
The Center’s website, www.pewresearch.org, outlines several key topics in regard to the study...
KeywordsResearch Pew Research Center
- Lipka M (2014) 7 key takeaways about religion in Latin America. Accessed 31 Jan 2018. http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2014/11/13/7-key-takeaways-about-religion-in-latin-america/
- Masci D (2018) American religious groups vary widely in their views of abortion, Accessed 31 Jan 2018. Pew Research Center, http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2018/01/22/american-religious-groups-vary-widely-in-their-views-of-abortion/
- No Author (2017) In America, does more education equal less religion? Pew Research Center, Accessed 31 Jan 2018, http://www.pewforum.org/2017/04/26/in-america-does-more-education-equal-less-religion/
- No Author (2018a) Our funding. Pew Research Center, Accessed 30 Jan 2018, http://www.pewresearch.org/about/our-funding/
- No Author (2018b) Our history. Pew Research Center, Accessed 30 Jan 2018, http://www.pewresearch.org/about/our-history/
- No Author (2018c) Our research. Pew Research Center, Accessed 30 Jan 2018, http://www.pewresearch.org/about/our-research/
- Rakitt SA (2013) What should we do about Pew? Washington Jewish Week, 7 Nov 2013Google Scholar
- Religion in Latin America (2014) Pew Research Center, Accessed 31 Jan 2018, http://www.pewforum.org/2014/11/13/religion-in-latin-america/