Adventist Global Mission
- 82 Downloads
Officially launched in 1990, Adventist Global Mission is an initiative from the Seventh-day Adventist Church that helps the denomination to focus on making disciples of Jesus among all people, with a special focus on the people groups with the least access to the gospel around the world. The office of Global Mission sends missionaries to different parts of the globe and supports innovative mission initiatives. It also coordinates the work of six Global Mission Study Centers with the purpose of building bridges with people of different cultural and religious backgrounds.
When the sturdy farmer felt God was calling him to preach about the second coming of Jesus, he did not want to do it. He was actually terrified at the idea. But he didn’t feel like saying no to God. So, in order to calm his distressed conscience, he promised God that he would preach if someone would invite him (Schwarz 2000: 32). After all, William had never received such an invitation, and...
KeywordsAdventist Mission General Conference People groups Healing Teaching Preaching Global Mission Pioneers
- ASTR – Office of Archives, Statistics and Research (2016a) Annual statistical report: 152nd report of the general conference of Seventh-day Adventists® for 2014 and 2015. ASTR, Silver SpringGoogle Scholar
- ASTR – Office of Archives, Statistics and Research (2016b) Seventh-day Adventist® Church yearbook. ASTR, Silver SpringGoogle Scholar
- Chavez S (1990) Mission matters: global mission – 20 years after its birth. Global mission insert, general conference bulletin 1, adventist review. http://archives.adventistworld.org/2010/october/mission-matters.html. Accessed 10 June 2017
- Communication Department of the General Conference (2010) Statements: guidelines and other documents. Seventh-day Adventist Church, Silver SpringGoogle Scholar
- General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists (1989) Minutes of the Meetings of the General Conference Committee, Annual Council. General Conference Secretariat, Silver SpringGoogle Scholar
- Guerrero A (2015) Enough fuel to make it home. Ministry Int J Pastors 87(7/8):34–36Google Scholar
- Knight GR (2006) Organizing for mission and growth: the development of Adventist Church structure. Review and Herald Publishing Association, HagerstownGoogle Scholar
- Mustard A (1987) James White and the Development of Seventh-day Adventist Organization, 1844–1881. Unpublished Ph.D. dissertation, Andrews University, Berrien SpringsGoogle Scholar
- OAS – Office of Archives and Statistics (1989) 127th Annual Statistical Report. General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists, Silver SpringGoogle Scholar
- Schwarz R (2000) Light bearers to the remnant: denominational history textbook for Seventh-day Adventist college classes. Pacific Press Publishing Association, NampaGoogle Scholar
- Secretariat Office (2012) Program & Agenda – 2012 annual council. General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists, Silver SpringGoogle Scholar