Cloud for Gaming
- Gabriele D’AngeloAffiliated withDepartment of Computer Science and Engineering, University of Bologna Email author
- , Stefano FerrettiAffiliated withDepartment of Computer Science and Engineering, University of Bologna
- , Moreno MarzollaAffiliated withDepartment of Computer Science and Engineering, University of Bologna
Cloud for Gaming refers to the use of cloud computing technologies to build large-scale gaming infrastructures, with the goal of improving scalability and responsiveness, improve the user’s experience, and enable new business models.
What Is Cloud Computing?
On-demand self-service: the ability to provide computing capabilities (e.g., CPU time, network storage) dynamically, as needed, without human intervention.
Broad network access: resources can be accessed through the network by client platforms using standard mechanisms and protocols.
Resource pooling: virtual and physical resources can be pooled and assigned dynamically to consumers, according to their demand, using a multitenant model....
Reference Work Entry Metrics
Date: 2015 (Latest)History
- 2015 (Latest)
- Cloud for Gaming
- Reference Work Title
- Encyclopedia of Computer Graphics and Games
- pp 1-6
- Online ISBN
- Springer International Publishing
- Copyright Holder
- Springer International Publishing Switzerland
- Industry Sectors
- eBook Packages
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.