Simulation and Comparison of AODV and DSDV Protocols in MANETs
The MANET network is a network of wireless hosts that can be mobile. In MANET networks, the mobility of the nodes may change the path between the two nodes and this makes them different from other wireless networks.
Wireless networks consisting of several nodes have no centralized infrastructure. Routing causes data to be transmitted from source to destination. An effective way to estimate the performance of these networks is to simulate the performance of different protocols depending on the environment and the type of simulator used. In this article, the performance of both AODV and DSDV protocols in terms of metrics was evaluated. Cellular systems will no longer sustain the recent, rapidly growing demand for applications like VoIP, Internet surfing, online games, etc., due to their limited capacity and data rate.
Ashheb study reveals that two protocols AODV and DSDV have been simulated using NS-2 simulator and...
- El Ashheb, A.: Performance evaluation of AODV and DSDV routing protocol in wireless sensor network environment. In: International Conference on Computer Networks and Communication Systems (CNCS 2012). IPCSIT 2012Google Scholar
- He, G.: Destination-sequenced distance vector (DSDV) protocol, pp. 1–9. Networking Laboratory, Helsinki University of Technology (2002)Google Scholar
- Kumar, V., Miglani, S.G.: Simulation and comparison of AODV and DSR routing protocols in MANETs. Thesis submitted in partial fulfillment of the requirement for the award of degree of Master of Engineering in Computer Science & Engineering. Thapar University (2009)Google Scholar
- Neetu, P.K.: Simulation analysis and comparison of DSDV and AODV routing protocols for MANET. Int. J. Adv. Eng. Res. Stud. 1(3), 220–222 (2012)Google Scholar
- Rathee, J., Verma, A.: Simulation, analysis and comparison of DSDV protocol in MANETS. Thapar University, Patiala (2009)Google Scholar
- Sharma, A.K., Trivedi, M.C.: Performance comparison of AODV, ZRP and AODVDR routing protocols in MANET. In: 2016 Second International Conference on Computational Intelligence & Communication Technology (CICT). IEEE (2016)Google Scholar
- Suman, P., et al.: Comparative study of routing protocols for mobile ad-hoc networks. Int. J. Inform. Technol. Knowl. Manag. 4(1), 40–46 (2009)Google Scholar
- Vijayalaskhmi, M., Patel, A., Kulkarni, L.: QoS parameter analysis on AODV and DSDV protocols in a wireless network. Int. J. Commun. Netw. Secur. 1(1), 62–70 (2011)Google Scholar