- 892 Downloads
The term digital lobbying refers to an innovative way for private and public subjects and organizations to deal with their public affairs and lobbying activities using digital tools.
The principal digital tools used by professionals of this field are based on knowledge management, open data analytics, and artificial intelligence (AI) technologies. From the point of view of strategy, reputation and positioning, thanks to these tools, it is possible to gather and analyze all the data from within and without individual organizations in order to develop more effective, transparent, and measurable public affairs, advocacy, and lobbying strategies.
The abovementioned six steps enable an organization to upgrade its capacity to confront the political environment vis-à-vis the...
KeywordsDigital lobbying definition Knowledge management Digital platforms Digital tools for lobbying
- Bitonti, A., Carro, M., Consonni, S., & DiMario, C. (2019). L’eradellaDemocraziaDigitale. Una sfida per cittadini, imprese e politica. https://www.adlconsulting.it/hub/scarica-il-report/.
- Carro, M., Di Mario, C., Grimaldi, M., & Murgia, G. (2017). A public affairs platform for the analysis of the liberalization process in the Italian Electricity Market. International Journal of Energy Economics and Policy, 7(5), 123–136.Google Scholar
- Foundation for Public affairs. (2014). Measuring and communicating the value of public affairs. https://pac.org/publications/free/pam/measuring_and_communicating_value_PA.
- Labun, A., & Wittek, R. (2014). Structural holes. In R. Alhajj & J. Rokne (Eds.), Encyclopedia of social network analysis and mining. New York: Springer.Google Scholar
- McKinsey. (2019). How top companies excel with digital and analytics. https://www.mckinsey.com/business-functions/mckinsey-digital/our-insights/how-top-companies-excel-with-digital-and-analytics.