Health System in Singapore
Singapore is a small island nation located off the southern tip of the Malay Peninsula in Southeast Asia. The country has a population of 5.31 million, of which 3.82 million are citizens and permanent residents. With a land area of 715 square kilometers, Singapore’s population density is 7,422 per square kilometer, making it one of the most densely populated sovereign states in the world. Ethnically, the population is overwhelmingly Chinese – almost 75%, followed by Malays at just over 13%, and Indians at 9%.
- Department of Statistics, Singapore. http://www.singstat.gov.sg/statistics/latest_data.html#8/ http://www.singstat.gov.sg/publications/publications_and_papers/cop2010/cop2010adr.html. Accessed Oct 2013.
- Ministry of Health, Singapore. MOH (APO). 2012.Google Scholar
- Ministry of Health, Singapore. 2013. http://www.moh.gov.sg/content/dam/moh_web/Publications/Educational%20Resources/2009/MT%20pamphlet%20%28English%29.pdf. Accessed Oct 2013.
- Ministry of Health, Singapore. 2013. http://www.moh.gov.sg/content/moh_web/home/costs_and_financing/schemes_subsidies/Medishield/Medisave-approved_Insurance.html. Accessed Oct 2013.
- Ministry of Health, Singapore. Expenditure overview. 2013c. http://www.singaporebudget.gov.sg/budget_2013/expenditure_overview/moh.html. Accessed Oct 2013.
- Ministry of Health. All Singapore residents to enjoy universal coverage under MediShield Life, with no exclusions. 2015a. https://www.google.com.sg/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwikkpWSzPDRAhVJMo8KHWjXAhoQFggaMAA&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.moh.gov.sg%2Fcontent%2Fmoh_web%2Fhome%2FpressRoom%2FpressRoomItemRelease%2F2015%2Fall-singapore-residents-to-enjoy-universal-coverage-under-medish0.html&usg=AFQjCNFJfEHv-OmUHPEjw-RiELmI8afPFw
- Ministry of Health. Better health, better future for all. Ministry of Health Initiatives for 2015. 2015. https://www.google.com.sg/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiq4P-GzPDRAhXCRY8KHZr9BQYQFggaMAA&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.moh.gov.sg%2Fcontent%2Fdam%2Fmoh_web%2FPressRoom%2FResources%2FMOH%2520Factsheet.pdf&usg=AFQjCNFMoyT0VGwMdxLjebX-UVSJsu5EOg
- Ministry of Manpower, Singapore. Median, 25th and 75th percentile of monthly gross wages of Common Occupations in Health Industry. 2012. Ministry of Manpower (Table 4.9, http://stats.mom.gov.sg/Pages/Occupational-Wages-Tables-2012.aspx#)
- Weizhen T. Today Online. Thursday Oct 17 2013. http://www.todayonline.com/singapore/medishield-life-more-sustainable-private-medical-schemes-gan
- World Health Organization. World health statistics 2013. http://www.who.int/gho/publications/world_health_statistics/2013/en/. Accessed Oct 2013.