Cellular Ants Computing
- Artificial Intelligence
The study of “intelligent devices” which perceive their environment and act to maximize the possibility of their success at some goal.
A general process related to categorization where ideas and objects are recognized, differentiated, and understood.
The process of partitioning a dataset into specific meaningful subsets, by categorizing or grouping similar data items together.
- Dynamic System
A system in which a function describes the time dependence of a point in a geometrical space.
- Field-Programmable Gate Array (FPGA)
An integrated circuit designed to be configured by a customer or a designer after manufacturing.
- Swarm Intelligence
The collective behavior of decentralized, self-organized systems, natural or artificial. The concept is employed in work on artificial intelligence.
- Traveling Salesman Problem
An NP-problem where, providing a list of nodes and their correlation, the shortest possible route is defined.
- Albuquerque P, Dupuis A (2002) A parallel cellular ant colony algorithm for clustering and sorting. In: Bandini S, Chopard B, Tomassini M (eds) Cellular Automata. ACRI 2002. Lecture Notes in Computer Science, vol 2493. Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg, pp 220–230Google Scholar
- Bitsakidis NP, Chatzichristofis SA, Sirakoulis GC (2015) Hybrid cellular ants for clustering problems. Int J Unconv Comput 11(2):103–130Google Scholar
- Chen L, Xu X, Chen Y, He P (2004) A novel ant clustering algorithm based on cellular automata. In: Proceedings. IEEE/WIC/ACM international conference on intelligent agent technology, 2004. (IAT 2004), pp 148–154. http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/1342937/
- Dorigo M (1992) Optimization, learning and natural algorithms. PhD thesis, Politecnico di Milano, ItalyGoogle Scholar
- Liu C, Li L, Xiang Y (2008) Research of multi-path routing protocol based on parallel ant colony algorithm optimization in mobile ad hoc networks. In: Information technology: new generations, 2008. Fifth international conference on ITNG 2008, pp 1006–1010. http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/4492616/
- Moere AV, Clayden JJ (2005) Cellular ants: combining ant-based clustering with cellular automata. In: Tools with Artificial Intelligence, 2005. 17th IEEE international conference on ICTAI 05, p 8. http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/1562933/
- Rosenberg AL (2008) Cellular antomata: food-finding and maze-threading. In: Parallel processing, 2008, 37th international conference on ICPP’08, pp 528–535. http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/4625890/
- Ulam S (1952) Random processes and transformations. In: Proceedings of the international congress on mathematics, American Mathematical Society. pp 264–275. https://archive.org/details/proceedingsofint00inte
- Von Neumann J, Burks AW et al (1966) Theory of self-reproducing automata. IEEE Trans Neural Netw 5:3–14Google Scholar
Books and Reviews
- Bastien C, Michel D (1998) Cellular automata modeling of physical systems. Cellular automata modeling of physical systems. Cambridge University Press, New YorkGoogle Scholar
- Pettey C (1997) Diffusion (cellular) models. In: Back, Thomas, Fogel, David B, halewicz, Zbigniew (eds) Handbook of Evolutionary Computation (IOP Publishing Ltd and Oxford University Press), pages C6.4:1–6Google Scholar