Signature Databases and Evaluation
- Marcos Martinez-DiazAffiliated withBiometric Recognition Group – ATVS, Escuela Politecnica Superior, Universidad Autonoma de Madrid, Campus de Cantoblanco
- , Julian FierrezAffiliated withUniversidad Autonoma de Madrid
Signature benchmark; Signature corpora; Signature data set
Signature databases are structured sets of collected signatures from a group of individuals that are used either for evaluation of recognition algorithms or as part of an operational system.
Signature databases for evaluation purposes are, in general, collections of signatures acquired using a digitizing device such as a pen tablet or a touch screen. Publicly available databases allow a fair performance comparison of signature recognition algorithms proposed by independent entities. Moreover, signature databases play a central role in public performance evaluations, which compare different recognition algorithms by using a common experimental framework. This type of databases is covered in this entry.
On the other hand, signature databases can also be a module of a verification or identification system. They store signature data and other personal information of the enrolled users. This signature database is used ...
Reference Work Entry Metrics
- Signature Databases and Evaluation
- Reference Work Title
- Encyclopedia of Biometrics
- pp 1367-1375
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Springer US
- Copyright Holder
- Springer Science+Business Media New York
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- eBook Packages
- Editor Affiliations
- 500. Center for Biometrics and Security, Research & National Laboratory of Pattern Recognition, Institute of Automation, Chinese Academy of Sciences
- 501. Departments of Computer Science and Engineering, Michigan State University
- Author Affiliations
- 189. Biometric Recognition Group – ATVS, Escuela Politecnica Superior, Universidad Autonoma de Madrid, Campus de Cantoblanco, Madrid, Spain
- 1810. Universidad Autonoma de Madrid, Madrid, Spain
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.