Case Management for Linkage
- Christa L. CookAffiliated withUniversity of Florida, College of Nursing Email author
Case management is a collaborative process that includes client identification, outreach, engagement, assessment, planning, coordination, linkage, monitoring, reassessment, and discharge planning to meet the health and social service needs of clients.
Linkage to HIV Care
Conceptually, HIV care is challenging to define and can best be illustrated along a continuum that ranges from people not aware of their status to people who are fully engaged in care and have achieved viral suppression (Gardner et al. 2011). Linkage to HIV care represents a point along this continuum after a person is diagnosed with HIV and initially seeks care from an HIV provider (Mugavero et al. 2013).
In the United States, over 1.2 million people currently live with human immunodeficiency virus (HIV), and approximately 1 in 6 of those infected is not aware they have the virus (Centers for Disease Control 2016). While the incidence of infection has remained relatively stable ...
Reference Work Entry Metrics
Date: 2017 (Latest)History
- 2017 (Latest)
- Case Management for Linkage
- Reference Work Title
- Encyclopedia of AIDS
- pp 1-5
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Springer New York
- Copyright Holder
- Springer Science+Business Media LLC
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- eBook Packages
- Editor Affiliations
- 1. Dept. Cell & Molecular Biology, Northwestern University, Feinberg School of Medicine
- 2. University of California, San Diego Dept. Pathology
- 3. Office of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies, University of Miami, Miller School of Medicine
- Christa L. Cook (4)
- Author Affiliations
- 4. University of Florida, College of Nursing, 100197, 32610-0197, Gainesville, FL, USA
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.