Continuous reasoning; Reactive reasoning
Stream reasoning refers to inference approaches and deduction mechanisms which are concerned with providing continuous inference capabilities over dynamic data. The paradigm shift from current batch-like approaches toward timely and scalable stream reasoning leverages the natural temporal order in data streams and applies windows-based processing to complex deduction tasks that go beyond continuous query processing such as those involving preferential reasoning, constraint optimization, planning, uncertainty, non-monotonicity, non-determinism, and solution enumeration.
We are witnessing an unprecedented shift in the available quantity and quality of data drawn from all aspects of our lives, opening tremendous new opportunities but also significant challenges for scalable decision analytics due to its dynamicity. This makes it harder to go from data to insightand support effective decision-making. Such...
- 2.Babcock B, Babu S, Datar M, Motwani R, Widom J. Models and issues in data stream systems. In: Proceedings of the 21st ACM SIGMOD-SIGACT-SIGART Symposium on Principles of Database Systems; 2002. p. 1–16.Google Scholar
- 5.Phuoc DL, Dao-Tran M, Parreira JX, Hauswirth M. A native and adaptive approach for unified processing of linked streams and linked data. In: Proceedings of the 8th International Semantic Web Conference; 2011. p. 370–88.Google Scholar
- 9.Valle ED, Schlobach S, Krötzsch M, Bozzon A, Ceri S, Horrocks I. Order matters! Harnessing a world of orderings for reasoning over massive data. Semantic Web. 2013;4(2):219–31.Google Scholar
- 10.Brewka G, Eiter T. Equilibria in heterogeneous nonmonotonic multi-context systems. In: Proceedings of the 22nd National Conference on Artificial Intelligence; 2007. p. 385–90.Google Scholar
- 12.Tatbul N, Zdonik S. Window-aware load shedding for aggregation queries over data streams. In: Proceedings of the 32nd International Conference on Very Large Data Bases; 2006. p. 799–810.Google Scholar
- 14.Arasu A, Cherniack M, Galvez EF, Maier D, Maskey A, Ryvkina E, Stonebraker M, Tibbetts R. Linear road: a stream data management benchmark. In: Proceedings of the 30th International Conference on Very Large Data Bases; 2004. p. 480–91.Google Scholar
- 15.Phuoc DL, Dao-Tran M, Pham MD, Boncz PA, Eiter T, Fink M. Linked stream data processing engines: facts and figures. In: Proceedings of the 11th International Semantic Web Conference; 2012. p. 300–12.Google Scholar