Python Packages for Networks
- 282 Downloads
Comma-separated values is a plain text format for storing tabular data.
- Large network
A network with several thousands or millions of nodes.
- Network analysis
A study of networks as representations of relations between discrete objects.
Python is a high-level general-purpose programming language and easy to understand and learn. To deal with networks, different representations of networks in Python were proposed. On their basis, several Python libraries were developed to support programming of network analysis tasks.
Python is an open-source, interpreted, interactive, object-oriented programming language (Python Software Foundation, https://www.python.org/). Its name comes from the BBC TV show Monty Python’s Flying Circus. It runs on all main platforms: Windows, MAC,...
The work was partially supported by Slovenian Research Agency (ARRS) projects J7-8279 and J1-6720 and grant P1-0294.
- Csárdi G, Nepusz T (2006) The igraph software package for complex network research. InterJournal Complex Systems, 1695Google Scholar
- de Nooy W, Mrvar A, Batagelj V (2012) Exploratory network analysis using Pajek. Cambridge University Press, CambridgeGoogle Scholar
- Gohlke C (2011) Unofficial windows binaries for Python extension packages. http://www.lfd.uci.edu/~gohlke/pythonlibs/
- Hagberg A, Schult D, Swart P (2008) Exploring network structure, dynamics, and function using NetworkX. In: Varoquaux G, Vaught T, Millman J (eds) Proceedings of the 7th Python in science conference (SciPy 2008), pp 11–15Google Scholar
- Harary F (1969) Graph theory. Addison-Wesley, ReadingGoogle Scholar
- Hetland ML (2010) Python Algorithms: mastering basic algorithms in the Python Language. Apress, New YorkGoogle Scholar
- Joyner D, Nguyen MV, Phillips D (2013) Algorithmic graph theory and Sage. https://code.google.com/archive/p/graphbook/
- Leskovec J, Sosič R (2016) SNAP: a general purpose network analysis and graph mining library. ACM Trans Intell Syst Technol 8(1): 1 https://dl.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=2898361
- Tsvetovat M, Kouznetsov A (2011) Social network analysis for startups: finding connections on the social web. O’Reilly, SebastopolGoogle Scholar
- van Rossum G (1998) Python patterns – implementing graphs. https://www.python.org/doc/essays/graphs/
- Zykov AA (1969) Teorija konechnyh grafov I. Nauka, NovosibirskGoogle Scholar