Social Search and Querying
- Georgia KoloniariAffiliated withApplied Informatics Department, University of Macedonia Email author
- , Panagiotis LionakisAffiliated withDepartment of Computer Science, University of Crete
- , Kostas StefanidisAffiliated withSchool of Information Sciences, University of Tampere
- Social content
The content that appears in social networks due to user activities, reflecting their relationships with other users and the content they shared.
- Social graph
A graph representing a social network. The nodes of the graph correspond to the entities of the social network, while the edges capture the social relationships between the entities. Typically, there are two types of entities: the type user, representing the social network users or participants; and the type object, including all other entities other than users, e.g., images, videos, events, and applications.
- Social network
A structure, typically nowadays expressed as an online application, that enables social interactions and personal relationships between users, by allowing them to post information, comments, messages, images, and videos.
Web search and querying is the precursor of social search, and typicall ...
Reference Work Entry Metrics
Date: 2017 (Latest)History
- 2017 (Latest)
- Social Search and Querying
- Reference Work Title
- Encyclopedia of Social Network Analysis and Mining
- pp 1-8
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Springer New York
- Copyright Holder
- Springer Science+Business Media LLC
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- eBook Packages
- Editor Affiliations
- 1. Computer Science, University of Calgary
- 2. University of Calgary Computer Science
- Author Affiliations
- 3. Applied Informatics Department, University of Macedonia, Thessaloniki, Greece
- 4. Department of Computer Science, University of Crete, Heraklion, Greece
- 5. School of Information Sciences, University of Tampere, Tampere, Finland
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.