Common Biometric Exchange Formats Framework Standardization
- 69 Downloads
Common Biometric Exchange Formats Framework (CBEFF) provides a standardized set of definitions and procedures that support the interchange of biometric data in standard data structures called CBEFF biometric information records (BIRs). BIRs are well-defined data structures that consist of two or three parts: the standard biometric header (SBH), the biometric data block (BDB), and possibly the optional security block (SB). CBEFF permits considerable flexibility regarding BIR structures and BDB content, but does so in a way that makes it easy for biometric applications to evaluate their interest in processing a particular BIR. CBEFF imposes no restrictions on the contents of a BDB, which can conform to a standardized biometric data interchange format or can be completely proprietary. CBEFF...
- 1.Podio, F.L., Dunn, J.S., Reinert, L., Tilton, C.J., O'Gorman, L, Collier, M.P., Jerde, M, Wirtz, B.: Common Biometric Exchange File Format. NISTIR 6529, January 2001Google Scholar
- 2.Podio, F.L., Dunn, J.S., Reinert, L., Tilton, C.J., Struif, B., Herr, F., Russell, J., Collier, M.P., Jerde, M., O’Gorman, L., Wirtz, B.: Common Biometric Exchange Formats Framework. NISTIR 6529-A, April 2004Google Scholar
- 3.ANSI INCITS 398–2008, American National Standard, for Information Technology –Common Biometric Exchange Formats Framework (CBEFF)Google Scholar
- 7.International Biometric Industry Association CBEFF Registry: http://www.ibia.org/cbeff/
- 9.JTC 1/SC 37 Final Committee Draft 24713–3, Biometric Profiles for Interoperability and Data Interchange – Part 3: Biometric Based Verification and Identification of SeafarersGoogle Scholar