Complex Event Processing
- Opher EtzionAffiliated withIBM Research Lab in Haifa
Complex event processing deals with various types of processing complex events.
RTE (Real-Time Enterprise): The processing should affect business processes while they are still running. For example, stop an instance of a workflow that deals with trading a certain stock, if the trade request has been withdrawn.
Active Diagnostics: Finding the root-cause of a problem based on events that are symptoms.
Information Dissemination: A personalized subscription that enables subscriptions in lower granularity, where the subscription does not match the published event, but a combination of event. For example, notify me when IBM stock has gone up 2% within 1 hour.
Reference Work Entry Metrics
- Complex Event Processing
- Reference Work Title
- Encyclopedia of Database Systems
- pp 412-413
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Springer US
- Copyright Holder
- Springer Science+Business Media, LLC
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- eBook Packages
- Editor Affiliations
- 1. College of Computing, Georgia Institute of Technology
- 2. Database Research Group David R. Cheriton School of Computer Science, University of Waterloo
- Opher Etzion (1)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. IBM Research Lab in Haifa, Haifa, Israel
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.