Table of contents
About this book
Definition and Exchange of Crystallographic Data is the latest volume of International Tables for Crystallography, the world-renowned series of authoritative and definitive reference books from the International Union of Crystallography.
This volume describes the standard data exchange and archival file format (the Crystallographic Information File, or CIF) used throughout crystallography. It is an essential guide and reference for programmers writing crystallographic software and for data managers handling crystal-structure information. It provides in-depth information vital for small-molecule, inorganic and macromolecular crystallographers, mineralogists, chemists, materials scientists, solid-state physicists and others who wish to record or use the results of a single-crystal or powder diffraction experiment. The volume provides the detailed data ontology necessary for data managers in other fields to design interoperable computer applications and databases.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1107/97809553602060000107
- Copyright Information International Union of Crystallography 2005
- Publisher Name Springer, Dordrecht
- Print ISBN 978-1-4020-3138-0
- Online ISBN 978-1-4020-4290-4
- Series Online ISSN 1574-8707
- Buy this book on publisher's site