The second edition of this landmark encyclopaedia will contain approximately 1000 entries dealing in depth with the history of the scientific, technological and medical accomplishments of cultures outside of the United States and Europe. The entries consist of fully updated articles together with hundreds of entirely new topics.
This unique reference work includes:
- Intercultural articles on broad topics such as Mathematics and Astronomy
- Philosophical articles on concepts and ideas related to the study of non-Western Science, such as Rationality, Objectivity, and Method, Religion and Science, East and West, and Magic and Science
- Articles on topics such as Native American Mathematics, Polynesian Navigation, Korean Maps, and African Metallurgy
- Biographical articles for those cultures where individual scientists are known to us, such as China and the Islamic world.
Editors and affiliations
- Copyright Information Springer Nature B.V. 2018
- Publisher Name Springer, Dordrecht
- Online ISBN 978-94-007-3934-5
- eBook Packages Religion and Philosophy
- Number Of Entries 359