A landmark work covering the major aspects of the science, technology and application of membrane operations and related fields, from basic phenomena to the most advanced applications and future perspectives. Over 5000 concise entries in an A-Z format cover a vibrant field with a multitude of applications in diverse disciplines such as biotechnology, medicine, agro-food and petrochemical industries, environmental protection, as well as drinking water supply. Coverage includes membrane reactors and catalytic design (catalytic membrane reactors). Practically all unit operations of process engineering can be redesigned as membrane unit operations (e. g. membrane distillation, membrane crystallization, membrane stripping, membrane scrubbing). Entries are provided by an international team of experts from academia, research institutions as well as from industry.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-642-40872-4
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag GmbH Germany 2016
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- Online ISBN 978-3-642-40872-4
- eBook Packages Chemistry and Materials Science Reference Module Physical and Materials Science
- Number Of Entries 1184