Table of contents
About this book
Since 2004 the Springer Handbook of Nanotechnology has established itself as the definitive reference in the Nanoscience field. It integrates the knowledge from nanofabrication, nanomechanics, materials science, and reliability engineering in just one volume. Reflecting further developments, the new edition has grown from six to eight parts and from 38 to 58 chapters. Existing chapters have been thoroughly updated and new material has been added to cover developing fields such as bionanotechnology, nanorobotics, and NEMS/MEMS reliability. This classic reference book addresses mechanical and electrical engineers, materials scientists, physicists and chemists who work either in the nano area or in a field that is or will be influenced by this new key technology.
From the reviews of the first edition:
"The strong point is its focus on many of the practical aspects of nanotechnology... Anyone working in or learning about the field of nanotechnology would find this an excellent working handbook.’’ IEEE Electrical Insulation Magazine
"Outstandingly succeeds in its aim… It really is a magnificent volume and every scientific library and nanotechnology group should have a copy." Materials World
"The integrity and authoritativeness… is guaranteed by an experienced editor and an international team of authors which have well summarized in their chapters information on fundamentals and applications." Polymer News
- NEMS /MEMS
- Micro/Nanodevice Reliability
- Scanning Probe and Force Microscopies
- Nanotribology and Nanorheology
- Molecular Technology
- Therapeutic Nanodevices
- Industrial Applications
- Social and Ethical Aspects
- Covers basic concepts, theory, materials, properties, and fabrication.
- Contains over 1500 two-color illustrations
- Numerous comprehensive materials data tables.
- Features exhaustive references to approved data.
- A detailed index and fully searchable CD-ROM guarantee quick access to data.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-540-29857-1
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2007
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Chemistry and Materials Science
- Print ISBN 978-3-540-29855-7
- Online ISBN 978-3-540-29857-1
- Series Print ISSN 2522-8692
- Series Online ISSN 2522-8706
- Buy this book on publisher's site