Table of contents
About this book
This book summarizes recent advances in the chemistry, bioactivity, nutrition, and functional aspects of dietary phytochemicals, as well as the health and functional aspects of foods rich in phytochemicals. Consisting of forty-four chapters, it discusses the different chemical types of phytochemicals in our diets and food and presents data collected from animal or human experiments that are directly related to human health. Each chapter covers the chemistry, epidemiological study, bioavailability, bioactivity (animal experiments) function in humans and safety, as well as products on the market. Moreover, the more than 200 figures make it easy to grasp the main findings in each area.
This book is useful to a wide readership in the fields of food science and nutrition.
- Book Title Handbook of Dietary Phytochemicals
Satyajit D. Sarker
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-13-1745-3
- Publisher Name Springer, Singapore
- eBook Packages Biomedical and Life Sciences Reference Module Biomedical and Life Sciences
- eBook ISBN 978-981-13-1745-3
- Edition Number 0
- Number of Pages , 0
- Number of Illustrations 0 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
Complementary & Alternative Medicine