The Encyclopedia of Continuum Mechanics covers the entire science of continuum mechanics including the mechanics of materials and fluids. The encyclopedia comprises mathematical definitions for continuum mechanical modeling, fundamental physical concepts, mechanical modeling methodology, numerical approaches and many fundamental applications. The modelling and analytical techniques are powerful tools in mechanical civil and areospsace engineering, plus in related fields of plasticity, viscoelasticity and rheology. Tensor-based and reference-frame-independent, continuum mechanics has recently found applications in geophysics and materials.
This three-volume encyclopedia comprises approximately uniform 600 entries.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-662-53605-6
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag GmbH Germany, part of Springer Nature 2019
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- Online ISBN 978-3-662-53605-6
- eBook Packages Engineering Reference Module Computer Science and Engineering
- Number Of Entries 334