Table of contents
About this book
This green book offers the outstanding expertise of CIGRE professionals about FACTS in one concise handbook. It provides the most comprehensive information about HVDC, Power Electronic for AC systems and Power Quality Improvement as well as Advanced Power Electronics to Professionals in Power Industry interested in Power Electronics. It covers a large range of topics such as:
- HVDC: economics of HVDC, applications, planning aspects, design, performance, control, protection, control and testing of converter stations, i.e., the converting equipment itself and also the equipment associated with HVDC links.
- Power Electronic for AC systems and Power Quality Improvement: economics, applications, planning, design, performance, control, protection, construction and testing.
- Advanced Power Electronics: development of new converter technologies including controls, use of new semiconductor devices, applications of these technologies in HVDC, Power Electronics for AC systems and Power Quality Improvement. Power Electronics used in other fields of the Electric Power Industry.
More than 30 technical experts from industry wrote the book for electrical power system engineers, managers, planners, project developers and investors.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-71926-9
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2020
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Engineering
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-71926-9
- Series Print ISSN 2367-2625
- Series Online ISSN 2367-2633