Table of contents
Fundamentals of Optics for Displays
Human Vision and Perception
Visual Ergonomics and Display Environments
Image Acquisition and Processing
Image Storage and Compression
Fundamentals of Driving
About this book
The second Edition of this remarkable Handbook offers readers a comprehensive overview of the science and technology of visual displays and the economic and human interface factors associated with the displays industry. Unique in the displays field, the Handbook serves as a single reference source with expert contributions from over 150 international display professionals and academic researchers.
The Handbook contains extensive coverage of established and emerging display technologies, with discussion of physical principles, materials science and processing, device technologies and particular areas of application. The wide-ranging content also encompasses the fundamental science of light and vision, image acquisition and manipulation, display materials and processing techniques, TFTs, display driving and metrology. Prominence is given to liquid crystal displays, with later chapters devoted to emerging technologies including flexible displays, electrophoretic, electrowetting and electrofluidic displays and MEMS-based displays. Other sections consider 3D display solutions, projection systems and head-worn displays.
Updated and extended throughout, major changes in the 2nd Edition include:
• Significantly expanded section on touch and human-computer interaction
• Reworked and updated chapters on OLEDs
• Revised and extended coverage of mobile display technologies
“...no engineering or science library can be without this book. It will be an asset for all companies engaged in display and display-related business.” – extract from the Foreword of the 1st Edition by Dr M Anandan, President, Society for Information Display.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-14346-0
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2016
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Engineering Reference Module Computer Science and Engineering
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-14345-3
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-14346-0
- Buy this book on publisher's site