This encyclopedia provides a comprehensive reference to topics in biometrics including concepts, modalities, algorithms, devices, systems, security, performance testing, applications and standardization. With an A–Z format and over 1400 entries, it provides easy access to relevant information on all aspects of biometrics for those seeking entry into this broad field.
Entries are written by experts in biometrics and related fields. Each entry includes a definition, key words, list of synonyms, list of related entries, illustration(s), applications and a bibliography. Most entries include useful literature references providing the reader with a portal to more detailed information.
Comprehensive and tutorial, the Encyclopedia of Biometrics, 2nd Edition is a practical resource for experts in the field and professionals interested in aspects of biometrics.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4899-7488-4
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media New York 2015
- Publisher Name Springer, Boston, MA
- Print ISBN 978-1-4899-7487-7
- Online ISBN 978-1-4899-7488-4
- eBook Packages Computer Science Reference Module Computer Science and Engineering
- Number Of Entries 262
- About this book