Table of contents
About this book
The Springer Handbook of Experimental Solid Mechanics documents both the traditional techniques as well as the new methods for experimental studies of materials, components, and structures. The emergence of new materials and new disciplines, together with the escalating use of on- and off-line computers for rapid data processing and the combined use of experimental and numerical techniques have greatly expanded the capabilities of experimental mechanics. New exciting topics are included on biological materials, MEMS and NEMS, nanoindentation, digital photomechanics, photoacoustic characterization, and atomic force microscopy in experimental solid mechanics.
Presenting complete instructions to various areas of experimental solid mechanics, guidance to detailed expositions in important references, and a description of state-of-the-art applications in important technical areas, this thoroughly revised and updated edition is an excellent reference to a widespread academic, industrial, and professional engineering audience.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-0-387-30877-7
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag US 2008
- Publisher Name Springer, Boston, MA
- eBook Packages Engineering
- Print ISBN 978-0-387-26883-5
- Online ISBN 978-0-387-30877-7
- Series Print ISSN 2522-8692
- Series Online ISSN 2522-8706
- Buy this book on publisher's site