Test for Normality of the Gene Expression Data
One of the main issues in statistical analysis of gene expression data is testing levels of differentially expressed genes. There are different approaches to address this issue. If in one case, given two probe sets of gene expression levels, we test whether they are differentially expressed or not, in other cases we just check whether the given sample is drawn from the prescribed distribution or not. Assuming that the prescribed distribution is normal we would like to test normality of gene expression data.
Key wordsGene Expression Data Normality tests
- 1.Zinger AA (1956) On a problem of A. N. Kolmogorov. Vestnik Leningradskogo Universiteta 1:53–56Google Scholar
- 2.Sakata T (1977) A test of normality based on some characterization theorem. Mem Fac Sci Kyushu Univ Ser A 31:221–225Google Scholar
- 3.Sakata T (1977) Two characterization theorems of normal density function. Mem Fac Sci Kyushu Univ Ser A 31:215–219Google Scholar
- 4.Bakshaev A (2010) N-distance test of uniformity on the hypersphere. Nonlinear Analysis: Modelling and Control 15:15–28Google Scholar
- 5.Klebanov LB (2005) N-distances and their applications. Karolinum Press, PragueGoogle Scholar