Digital PCR and the QuantStudio™ 3D Digital PCR System
- 1.3k Downloads
The great promise of digital PCR is the potential for unparalleled precision enabling accurate measurements for detection and quantification of genetic material. This chapter walks the reader through the fundamentals of digital PCR technology including digital PCR modeling using Poisson statistics. It describes a highly successful implementation of digital PCR technology using the chip-based nanofluidic Applied Biosystems™ QuantStudio™ 3D digital PCR system. It reviews the large number of applications where digital PCR is poised to make significant impacts. These include applications where detection of rare genetic targets is prioritized such as liquid biopsy, rare mutation detection, confirmation of NGS variant detection, detection of fusion transcripts, detection of chimerism and GMO detection and monitoring. These further include applications where accurate quantification of genetic targets is prioritized such as generation of references and standards, copy number variation, and NGS Library quantification.
Key wordsDigital PCR Poisson Limit of detection Rare mutation Copy number GMO
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures. We thank David Keys and Ross Stolsmark for thoughtful review of the manuscript.
- 6.Publication COL04004 0417 (2017) Rare mutation analysis using the QuantStudio 3D Digital PCR system. Quick Reference Protocol. Thermo Fisher ScientificGoogle Scholar
- 12.Roedel A, Laig M, Schmitz A (2016) Detection of the TMPRSS2:ERG fusion transcript. Application Note, Thermo Fisher Scientific, Publication COL31191 0616Google Scholar
- 15.Gerry C (2015) Feeding the world one genetically modified tomato at a time: a scientific perspective. Blog, special edition on GMOs. http://sitn.hms.harvard.edu/flash/2015/feeding-the-world/)
- 19.Publication CO09771 0514 (2014) Copy number variation in breast cancer translational research. Publication CO09771 0514, Thermofisher.com
- 20.Publication CO020253 0216 (2016). Precise quantification of Ion Torrent libraries on the QuantStudio 3D Digital PCR system. Application Note, Thermofisher.com
- 21.Publication CO35377 1014 (2014). Precise quantification of Illumina® libraries on the QuantStudio 3D Digital PCR System. Application Note, Thermofisher.com
- 22.Publication CO020251 0216 (2016) Copy number variation analysis using the QuantStudio 3D Digital PCR System. Thermofisher.com