Model Structure Analysis in NEURON
One of the more important recent additions to the NEURON simulation environment is a tool called ModelView, which simplifies the task of understanding exactly what biological attributes are represented in a computational model. Here, we illustrate how ModelView contributes to the understanding of models and discuss its utility as a neuroinformatics tool for analyzing models in online databases and as a means for facilitating interoperability among simulators in computational neuroscience.
KeywordsNEURON ModelView ModelDB interoperability XML BrainML CellML MorphML NeuroML
We are grateful for the support from NIH grants NS11613 and 5P01DC004732 (Human Brain Project).
- 2.ModelDB http://senselab.med.yale.edu/senselab/modeldb/.Google Scholar
- 4.NEURON http://www.neuron.yale.edu/.Google Scholar
- 6.MorphML http://www.morphml.org/.
- 7.Catacomb http://www.catcmb.org/.
- 8.GENESIS http://www.genesis-sim.org/GENESIS/.
- 9.NeuroML http://www.neuroml.org/.
- 10.BrainML http://brainml.org/.
- 11.CellML http://www.cellml.org/.