A Grafting Technique for Efficiently Transplanting Transgenic Regenerated Plants of Cotton
Recovery of transgenic cotton plants from tissue culture condition to greenhouse condition is a critical step for improving cotton through genetic engineering. Traditional methods always cause low survival rate of transplanted plants. In 1998, we developed an efficient grafting technique for recovery of transgenic cotton plants, which significantly increased the survival rate of the transplanting regeneration plants. In this chapter, we present a detailed protocol for grafting transgenic cotton plants obtaining somatic embryogenesis and transgenics.
Key wordsTransgenic cotton Plant regeneration Graft Grafting Gossypium hirsutum L.
- 1.Wang QL, Zhang BH, Liu F (1999) A new method for transplanting transgenic cotton plants. J Henan Sci Technol 27:27–29Google Scholar
- 4.Wang W, Chen WX, Zhu Z, Xu HL, Gao YF, Wu P, Zhu Y, Guo ZS, Li XH (1999) Studies on highly efficient planting of transgenic cotton. Acta Bot Sin 41:1072–1075Google Scholar
- 6.Zhang HS, Li JL, Zhao JL, Fu SP (2003) Study on graft technique of regenerated in cotton. China Cotton 7:29Google Scholar
- 7.Wang YX, Wang XF, Ma ZY, Zhang GY, Zhao JF (2007) A new high-efficient cotton graft technique and application. Sci Agric Sin 40:264–270Google Scholar
- 8.Wu SJ, Li FF, Zhang TZ (2006) Application of bark grafting method on grafting of regeneration cotton. J Cotton Sci 18:347–351Google Scholar