DNA Electroporation of Multi-agent Vaccines Conferring Protection Against Select Agent Challenge: TriGrid Delivery System
- Andrea M. Keane-MyersAffiliated withIchor Medical Systems, Inc.
- , Matt BellAffiliated withIchor Medical Systems, Inc.
- , Drew HannamanAffiliated withIchor Medical Systems, Inc.
- , Mark AlbrechtAffiliated withIchor Medical Systems, Inc.
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
Effective multi-agent/multivalent vaccines that confer protection against more than one disease are highly desirable to the patient and to health-care professionals. Electroporation of DNA vaccines, whereby tissues injected with DNA are subjected to localized electrical currents, is an ideal platform technology that achieves protective immune responses to multivalent vaccination. Here, we describe an electroporation-based immunization technique capable of administering a cocktail of DNA vaccinations in vivo. Immune response measurements, including protection from pathogen challenge and induction of antigen-specific antibody responses and cell-mediated immune responses, are also discussed.
Key wordsAnthrax Plague DNA vaccine Recombinant protein vaccine Intramuscular introduction
- DNA Electroporation of Multi-agent Vaccines Conferring Protection Against Select Agent Challenge: TriGrid Delivery System
- Book Title
- Electroporation Protocols
- Book Subtitle
- Preclinical and Clinical Gene Medicine
- Book Part
- Part V
- pp 325-336
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Series Title
- Methods in Molecular Biology
- Series Volume
- Series Subtitle
- Methods and Protocols
- Series ISSN
- Springer New York
- Copyright Holder
- Springer Science+Business Media New York
- Additional Links
- DNA vaccine
- Recombinant protein vaccine
- Intramuscular introduction
- Industry Sectors
- eBook Packages
- Editor Affiliations
- 2. The University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer Center
- 3. The University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer Center
- 4. Old Dominion University Frank Reidy Ctr for Bioelectrics
- 5. IPBS CNR
- Author Affiliations
- 6. Ichor Medical Systems, Inc., San Diego, CA, USA
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.