Combinatorica is an international journal of the János Bolyai Mathematical Society. It publishes research papers on a variety of areas of combinatorics and the theory of computing, with particular emphasis on general techniques and unifying principles.
Coverage in Combinatorica includes:
- combinatorial structures (graphs, hypergraphs, matroids, designs, permutation groups)
- combinatorial optimization
- combinatorial aspects of geometry and number theory
- algorithms in combinatorics and related fields
- computational complexity theory
- randomization and explicit construction in combinatorics and algorithms.
We congratulate Professor László Lovász, one of the founding Editors of Combinatorica, and Professor Avi Wigderson, member of the editorial board, who have jointly received the 2021 Abel Prize. The Norwegian Academy of Sciences and Letters said that they awarded the prize to Lovász and Wigderson "for their foundational contributions to theoretical computer science and discrete mathematics, and their leading role in shaping them into central fields of modern mathematics."
For more information, please see The Abel Prize Website: