Aims and scope
Environmental Science and Pollution Research (ESPR) serves the international community in all areas of Environmental Science and related subjects with emphasis on chemical compounds. This includes:
- Terrestrial Biology and Ecology
- Aquatic Biology and Ecology
- Atmospheric Chemistry
- Environmental Microbiology/Biobased Energy Sources
- Phytoremediation and Ecosystem Restoration
- Environmental Analyses and Monitoring
- Assessment of Risks and Interactions of Pollutants in the Environment
- Conservation Biology and Sustainable Agriculture
- Impact of Chemicals/Pollutants on Human and Animal Health
- Environmental Economics
It reports from a broad interdisciplinary outlook.
Apart from the strictly scientific contributions as research articles (short and full papers) and reviews, ESPR publishes:
- News & views from research and technology, legislation and regulation, hardware and software, education, literature, institutions, organizations, conferences.
- Commentary and editorials round out the journal’s contents.
ESPR does not accept papers dealing with functioning of diesel and engines (only papers focused on emissions will be considered), nor dealing with tourism, pharmacology, and mechanical engineering related to wind/solar energy.
ESPR is the official organ of the EuChemS Division of Chemistry and the Environment (EuChemS DCE).