Experimental and Therapeutic Studies
Inflammopharmacology publishes papers on all aspects of inflammation and its pharmacological control emphasizing pain therapy. This includes comparisons of (a) different inflammatory states, and (b) the actions, therapeutic efficacy and safety of drugs employed in the treatment of inflammatory conditions. Topics include Conditional Pharmacology/Toxicology, Rheumatology, Gastroenterology, Neuro-Inflammation and Novel Drugs, Natural Products and Nutraceuticals. Types of inflammatory conditions include gastrointestinal disease (e.g. upper GI ulceration and bleeding, ulcerative colitis, Crohn's disease), various arthritic conditions, and inflammatory effects of injury or aging on skeletal muscle
Inflammopharmacology is the official publication of the Gastrointestinal Section of the International Union of Basic and Clinical Pharmacology (IUPHAR) and the Hungarian Experimental and Clinical Pharmacology Society (HECPS).
The journal has seven main interest areas:
- Drug-Disease Interactions - Conditional Pharmacology - i.e. where the condition (disease or stress state) influences the therapeutic response and side (adverse) effects from anti-inflammatory drugs. Mechanisms of drug-disease and drug disease interactions and the role of different stress states
- Rheumatology - particular emphasis on methods of measurement of clinical response effects of new agents, adverse effects from anti-rheumatic drugs
- Gastroenterology - with particular emphasis on animal and human models, mechanisms of mucosal inflammation and ulceration and effects of novel and established anti-ulcer, anti-inflammatory agents, or antiparasitic agents
- Neuro-Inflammation and Pain - model systems, pharmacology of new analgesic agents and mechanisms of neuro-inflammation and pain
- Novel drugs, natural products and nutraceuticals - and their effects on inflammatory processes, especially where there are indications of novel modes action compared with conventional drugs e.g. NSAIDs
- Muscle-immune interactions during inflammation: mechanisms of inflammation and anti-inflammatory actions of therapeutic agents on skeletal muscle under conditions of aging or injury.
- Safety and efficacy of Non-prescription (OTC) and prescription NSAIDs and Analgesics
Requirements for manuscripts on the pharmacological or inflammatory properties of natural products are described in the editorial Inflammopharmacology Vol. 15, issue 5 or on the journal website: www.springer.com/10787
The effects of melatonin supplementation on inflammatory markers among patients with metabolic syndrome or related disorders: a systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials
Preventive effects of guanosine on intestinal inflammation in 2, 4-dinitrobenzene sulfonic acid (DNBS)-induced colitis in rats
Anti-inflammatory and anti-arthritic effects of methanol extract of the stem bark of Boswellia dalzielii Hutch (Burseraceae) in rats
- Journal Title
- Volume 1 / 1992 - Volume 26 / 2018
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Springer International Publishing
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.