Microwave Electro Ceramic Based on Magnesium Titanate Compounds
- 677 Downloads
The intensive progress in electronics, especially telecommunication and mobile phone in 1990s, was the main driving force for the extensive research and development of microwave ceramics. These materials are often used in manufacturing resonators and antennas, filters and oscillators, etc. For suitable usage of these components, their dielectric properties such as relative dielectric permittivity and dielectric loss are crucial parameters. From that point of view it is necessary to determine property-structure relationship in order to clarify which structure parameter has the dominant influence on each final property. In this paper it was summarized influence of synthesis parameters on the final properties of magnesium titanates based microwave electro ceramic, prepared by solid state reaction.
KeywordsMagnesium titanate Mechanical activation Sintering Electrical properties
This research was performed within the project 172057 financed by the Ministry of Education, Science and Technological Development of the Republic of Serbia.
- 4.I.M. Reaney, D. Iddles, Microwave dielectric ceramics for resonators and filters in mobile phone networks. J. Am. Ceram. Soc. 89(7), 2063–2072 (2006)Google Scholar
- 7.R. Piagai, T. Kim, J.G. Park, Y. Kim, Microwave dielectric properties of magnesium calcium titanate ceramics prepared by semi-alkoxide methods. J. Korean Ceram. Soc. 32, S367–S370 (1998)Google Scholar
- 12.A. Belous, O. Ovchar, D. Durylin, M. Valant, M.M. Krzmanac, D. Suvorov, Microwave composite dielectrics based on magnesium titanates. J. Eur. Ceram. Soc. 27, 2966–3963 (2007)Google Scholar
- 14.M.A. Reis, L.C. Alves, N.P. Barradas, P.C. Chaves, B. Nunes, A. Taborda, K.P. Surendran, A. Wu, P.M. Vilarinho, E. Alves, High resolution and differential PIXE combined with RBS, EBS and AFM analyses of magnesium titanate (MgTiO3) multilayer structures. Nucl. Instrum. Methods Phys. Res. B 268, 1980–1985 (2010)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 18.R.C. Ropp, Encyclopedia of the alkaline earth compounds (Elsevier, Amsterdam, 2013)Google Scholar
- 24.S. Filipovic, N. Obradovic, D. Kosanovic, V. Pavlovic, A. Djordjevic, Sintering of the mechanically activated MgO-TiO2 system. J. Ceram. Process. Res. 14(1), 31–34 (2013)Google Scholar
- 30.S. Filipović, Ph.D. thesis, Čačak (2015)Google Scholar