Intelligent Tuning of Fuzzy Controllers by Learning and Optimization
Fuzzy Logic Control (FLC) emerged as one of the most outstanding control techniques in the middle of 80s. The great amount of literature on FLC that has appeared is the main evidence of the increasing importance that fuzzy controllers have been given in the control system design field.
KeywordsMembership Function Performance Index Fuzzy Control Fuzzy Controller Computer Numerical Control
This work was supported by the Ministry of Economy and Competitiveness through its DPI2012-35504 CONMICRO research project and the European project 295372 DEMANES. The authors wish to thank the reviewers and the book editors for their useful suggestions. We also gratefully acknowledge the collaboration of Antony Price in the preparation of this paper. J. Godoy wants to especially thank the JAE program (Spanish National Research Council—CSIC) for its support in the development of this work.
- Bezdek, J. C., Ehrlich, R., & Full, W. (1984). Fcm: The fuzzy c-means clustering algorithm. Computers and Geosciences, 10, 191–203.Google Scholar
- Bonissone, P. P. (2000). Hybrid soft computing systems: Where are we going? Proceedings of the 14th European Conference on Artificial Intelligence (ECAI 2000) (Berlin, Germany) (pp. 739–746).Google Scholar
- Kosko, B. (1991). Neural networks and fuzzy systems: a dynamical systems approach to machine intelligence. Upper Saddle River, NJ, USA: Prentice-Hall Inc. ISBN 0-13-611435-0.Google Scholar
- Lin, C., Jeng, F. L., Lee, C. S., & Raghavan, R. (1997). Hierarchical fuzzy logic water-level control in advanced boiling water reactors. Nuclear Technology, 118, 254–262.Google Scholar
- MacVicar-Whelan, P. J. (1979). Fuzzy logic: An alternative approach. Proceedings of The International Symposium on Multiple-Valued Logic (pp. 152–158).Google Scholar
- Miyamoto, S., Yasunobu, S., & Ihara, H. (1987). Predictive fuzzy control and its application to automatic train operation systems. Boca Raton: FL, USA (CRC Press Inc.).Google Scholar
- Morari, M., & Zafiriou, E. (1989). Robust process control. Englewood Cliffs, NJ: Prentice-Hall.Google Scholar
- Shaw, I. S. (1998). Fuzzy control of industrial systems: theory and applications. Norwell: Kluwer Academic Publishers.Google Scholar
- Yager, R. R., Filev, D. P. (1994). Essentials of fuzzy modeling and control. New York: Wiley.Google Scholar