Transforming Payment Systems in Europe pp 214-235
Mobile Payments: The Second Wave
a plastic body,
an identifier (using the SIM),
a communication channel,
a computer and
a payment terminal.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 451 Research. 2015. “Apple Pay outperforming PayPal in mobile payments, according to new 451 Research survey”, New York, April 21.Google Scholar
- Apple Inc. 2014. “Apple announces Apple Pay”, Press release. (https://www.apple.com/pr/library/2014/09/09Apple-Announces-Apple-Pay.html).
- Consult Hyperion. 2014. “HCE and SIM Secure Element: It’s not black and white”, Discussion Paper, June 2014 (http://www.chyp.com/assets/uploads/Documents/2014/06/HCE_and_SIM_Secure_Element.pdf).
- Eijkman, Frederik, Jake Kendall, and Ignacio Mas. 2010. “Bridges to cash: The retail end of M-PESA. The challenge of maintaining liquidity for M-PESA Agent Networks”, Savings and Development, No. 2, 219–252.Google Scholar
- European Banking Authority (EBA). 2014. “Final guidelines on the security of Internet payments”, EBA/GL/2014/12, 19 December 2014.Google Scholar
- European Central Bank (ECB). 2013. “Recommendations for the security of mobile payments”, Draft document for public consultation, November 2013.Google Scholar
- European Commission. 2012a. “Commission opens in-depth investigation into the creation of a mobile commerce joint venture by UK mobile operators Telefonica, Vodafone and Everything Everywhere”, Press release, Brussels, 13 April 2012.Google Scholar
- European Commission. 2012b. “Commission clears the creation of a mobile commerce joint venture by UK mobile operators Telefonica, Vodafone and Everything Everywhere”, Press release, Brussels, 5 September 2012.Google Scholar
- European Commission. 2015. “The rolling plan for ICT standardisation. Directorate-General for Internal Market, Industry, Entrepreneurship and SMEs”, published on 24 March 2015, (http://ec.europa.eu/newsroom/dae/document.cfm?doc_id=9137).
- European Parliament. 2012. “Card, Internet and mobile payments. European Parliament resolution of 20 November 2012 on ‘Towards an integrated European market for card, Internet and mobile payments’”, (2012/2040(INI)).Google Scholar
- Fiveash, Kelly. 2014. “Apple Pay is a tidy payday for Apple with 0.15% cut, sources say”, The Register, 13 September 2014, (http://www.theregister.co.uk/2014/09/13/apple_to_get_15_cents_for_every_100_dollar_payment_on_its_pay_service_says_ft/).
- Górka, Jakub. 2015. “Instant payments from the Polish perspective”, Meeting of the Payment Systems Market Expert Group, European Commission, Brussels, 28 April 2015.Google Scholar
- Guynn, Jessica. 2013. “Square taps into the mobile payment business”, Los Angeles Times, 1 February 2013, (http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-square-dorsey-20130201,0,5416478.story)
- Hernandez, Will. 2014. “The overlooked mobile payment: direct carrier billing”, Mobile Payments Today, July 1 (http://www.mobilepaymentstoday.com/articles/the-overlooked-mobile-payment-direct-carrier-billing/).
- Isaac, Mike.2014. “Apple Pay Signals New Era at Cash Register”, New York Times Online, Sept. 30, 2014. (http://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/01/technology/apple-pay-signals-new-era-at-cash-register.html)
- Judt, Ewald and Loredana Viola. 2013. “M-Payments — Status und Akzeptanzbarrieren”, ÖBA, 9/13, pp. 642–648.Google Scholar
- Klees, Maria, Malte Krueger and Aline Eckstein. 2013. “Der Internetzahlungsverkehr aus Sicht der Verbraucher in D-A-CH — Ergebnisse der Umfrage IZV11”, Eine Studie des ECC über den Online-Payment-Markt in Deutschland, Österreich und der Schweiz aus Verbrauchersicht, Ausgewählte Studien des ECC Band 3.Google Scholar
- Krueger, Malte. 2001. “The future of m-payments — Business options and policy issues”, Background Paper No. 2, Electronic Payment Systems Observatory, Institute for Prospective Technological Studies, Sevilla, (http://www.h-ab.de/fileadmin/dokumente/krueger/2001_M-Payments_ePSO%20Background%20Paper%202.pdf).Google Scholar
- MasterCard. 2014a. “MasterCard to use host card emulation (HCE) for NFC-based mobile payments”, Press release, (http://newsroom.mastercard.com/press-releases/mastercard-to-use-host-card-emulation-hce-for-nfc-based-mobile-payments/).
- MasterCard. 2014b. “Partnership creates a ‘one stop shop’ for banks and mobile operators to speed development of NFC payments offering to their customers”, Press release, 25 February 2014, (http://newsroom.mastercard.com/press-releases/deutsche-telekom-telefonica-deutschland-vodafone-and-mastercard-join-forces-to-simplify-mobile-payments/).
- National Audit Office. 2001. “The auction of radio spectrum for the third generation of mobile telephones. Report by the Comptroller and Auditor General”, HC 233 Session 2001–2002: 19 October 2001.Google Scholar
- Paypers. 2015. “Google launches Android Pay, mobile payments scene heats up”, Friday 29 May 2015, (http://www.thepaypers.com/mobile-payments/google-launches-android-pay-mobile-payments-scene-heats-up/760078-16).
- PaySys Consultancy. 2011. “M-Payments: The acquiring side”, PaySys SEPA Newsletter, August 2011, (http://paysys.de//index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=42&Itemid=73).
- PaySys Consultancy. 2015. “Who are the new kids on the regulatory PSD II-block?”, PaySys Report 01/2015, (http://paysys.de//index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=42&Itemid=73).
- Safaricom Limited. 2015. “Annual Report 2014”.Google Scholar
- Salmony, Michael. 2015. “Pan-European peer-to-peer payment by mobile phone including considerations on technical and commercial implementation options”, Banking and Information Technology (BIT), forthcoming.Google Scholar
- Seyedi, Sep. 2015. “War of the Wallets”, Crunch Network, posted 10 February, (http://techcrunch.com/2015/02/10/war-of-the-wallets/).
- Square. 2015. “Square secures funding from new and existing investors to expand its popular small business financing program”, Square News, 12 May 2015, (https://squareup.com/news/capital-investment).
- Trichur, Rita and Daisuke Wakabayashi. 2015. “Apple Pay plans to launch in Canada this fall”, The Wall Street Journal, Updated 17 April 2015, (http://www.wsj.com/articles/apple-pay-plans-to-launch-in-canada-this-fall-1429280816).
- Visa International. 2014. “Visa to enable secure cloud-based mobile payments”, Press release from 19 February 2014, (http://investor.visa.com/news/news-details/2014/Visa-to-Enable-Secure-Cloud-Based-Mobile-Payments/default.aspx).