- 241 Downloads
This chapter addresses CEO’s strategic development during 2013–2014, aided in part by targeted funding. In a bid to future-proof the organisation in an increasingly competitive business support landscape, CEO was restructured. It began to develop critical independent research, and sought to re imagine modeh of digital and physical service delivery. The bid for further Creative Scotland funding that would have enabled the more ambitious plans to be pursued was unsuccessful. This chapter explores the development of new goals when their realisation was still thought feasible, considers internal transformations observed in CEO as it attempted to prepare for this next phase, and reflects on the tension between serving and shaping the top-down policy agenda. The chapter contains a statement from the Director on her departure.
KeywordsCreative Scotland digital transformation funding organisational change strategy
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Cultural Enterprise Office, Cultural Enterprise Office business plan 2015–2018 (Glasgow: Cultural Enterprise Office, 2014).Google Scholar
- 5.David Grey and Thomas Vander Wal, The connected company (Sebastopol, CA: O’Reilly Media, 2012).Google Scholar
- 10.Patrick Dawson, Understanding organizational change: the contemporary experience of people at work (London: Sage, 2003), 168.Google Scholar
- 13.Alan McGregor, Cultural economy support research: final report [revised draft November 2012] (Glasgow: University of Glasgow Training & Employment Research Unit, 2012).Google Scholar
- 15.EKOS, Summary of EKOS mapping review of three créa tive city networks: report prepared for Creative Scotland (Glasgow: EKOS, 2014), 1–3.Google Scholar
- 17.The Scottish Government, Support for creative industries: roles and responsibilities, briefings February 2009 (Edinburgh: The Scottish Government, 2009).Google Scholar
- 21.Bob Last, Creative industries in Scotland: micro-businesses, access to finance and the public purse. Draft report prepared for Creative Scotland (Glasgow: Cultural Enterprise Office, 2012).Google Scholar
- 24.European Commission, The new SME definition: user guide and model declaration (Brussels: European Commission, 2005), 15.Google Scholar
- 25.Bob Last, Creativity, value and money (Glasgow: Cultural Enterprise Office, 2014).Google Scholar