The Publicly Anonymous and the Dot-Com: An Exploration of Contemporary Sikh Blogging
Information communication technologies (ICTs) have increasingly come to provide key platforms of interaction for many contemporary diaspora communities. It is undeniable that the World Wide Web (hereafter web) has revolutionized the ways in which we express ourselves and communicate. The means through which we make everlasting connections is indeed complex, particularly in the virtual sphere. Current “web 2.0” Internet platforms promote information exchange in a variety of read-write formats, all of which are user-centered and collaborative. Trends associated with blogging and subsequent virtual community connections suggest that the web (albeit with much resilience) is indeed vying to fill the holes of geography.
KeywordsPersonal Interview Information Communication Technology Identity Narrative Personal Journey Religious Observance
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Blogger [name withheld]. Maple Leaf Sikh. Telephone Interview. 22 June 2012. e-Diasporas Atlas. Web. 25 September 2012.Google Scholar
- “e-Diasporas Atlas -Type of Website.” e-Diasporas Atlas. Web. 25 September 2012.Google Scholar
- “e-Diasporas Atlas — Blog.” e-Diasporas Atlas. Web. 25 September 2012.Google Scholar
- Kumar, Priya. “Sikh Narratives: An Analysis of Virtual Diaspora Networks.” e-Diasporas Atlas. April 2012. Web. 25 September 2012.Google Scholar
- Punjabi Mother Gets Owned by Useless Daughter.” Superwoman Vlogs, Online Posting. YouTube. 13 September 2012. Web. 25 September 2012.Google Scholar
- Singh, Lilly. “iiSuperwomanii.” Personal Interview. 17 July 2012.Google Scholar
- Singh, Lilly. “Shady Moments: Brown Weddings.” iiSuperwomanii Channel, Online Posting. YouTube. 10 October 2011. Web. 13 April 2012.Google Scholar
- Singh, Lilly. iiSuperwomanii. YouTube. 28 October 2010. Web 25 September 2012.Google Scholar
- Singh, Rupinder Mohan. “About.” American Turban. Web. 25 September 2012.Google Scholar
- Singh, Lilly. “Category Archives: The Weekly Beard.” American Turban. Web. 23 May 2013.Google Scholar
- Singh, Lilly. Email Interview. 12 July 2012.Google Scholar
- Vir, Arun. “Film ‘Suburban Turban’ to Tell Story of Finding Identity in America.” American Turban, 12 September 2012. Web. 25 September 2012.Google Scholar