eHealth for Patient-Driven Healthcare
Leading patient advocates are sending the message that “[h]elping empower patients and patient organisations benefits not only their own wellbeing but has been shown to improve the wellbeing of the community as a whole.” (www.eu-patient.eu)/Initatives-Policy/
KeywordsEuropean Commission Health Literacy Electronic Health Record Electronic Patient Record Person Health Record
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Christensen, CM., Grossman, J.H. and Hwang, J. (2009), The Innovator’s Prescription: A Disruptive Solution for Health Care. New York: McGraw-Hill.Google Scholar
- De Grey, A.D.N.J. with Rae, M. (2007), Ending Aging: The Rejuvenation Breakthroughs That Could Reverse Human Ageing in Our Lifetime. New York: St. Martin’s Press.Google Scholar
- EHTEL (2006a), eHealth Care in the Home. A Position Paper. Brussels: EHTEL European Health Telematics Association, Patients’ and Citizens Task Force.Google Scholar
- EHTEL (2006b), eHealth and Patient Safety. A Position Paper. Brussels: EHTEL European Health Telematics Association, Patients’ and Citizens Task Force.Google Scholar
- EHTEL (2006c), The Electronic Health Record. A Position Paper. Brussels: EHTEL European Health Telematics Association, Patients’ and Citizens Task Force.Google Scholar
- European Commission (2004), e-Health — Making Healthcare Better for European Citizens: An Action Plan for a European e-Health area, COM (2004) 356 final. http://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/LexUriServ.do?uri=COM:2004:0356:FIN:EN:PDF [Accessed 18 December 2013].
- European Commission (2012a), eHealth Action Plan 2012–2020 — Innovative healthcare for the 21st century, COM (2012) 736 final.http://ec.europa.eu/health/ehealth/docs/com_2012_736_en.pdf [Accessed 18 December 2013].
- European Commission (2012b), Taking forward the Strategic Implementation Plan of the European Innovation Partnership on Active and Healthy Ageing. COM(2012) 83 final.http://ec.europa.eu/health/ageing/docs/com_2012_83_en.pdf [Accessed 18 December 2013].
- European Commission (2013), A Clean Air Programme for Europe. COM(2013) 918 final. http://ec.europa.eu/environment/air/pdf/clean_air/Communication%20Clean%20 Air%20Programme.pdf [Accessed 18 December 2013].
- European Health Literacy Survey (HLS-EU) (2012), http://www.maastrichtuniversity.nl/web/Institutes/FHML/CAPHRI/DepartmentsCAPHRI/InternationalHealth/ResearchINTHEALTH/Projects/HealthLiteracyHLSEU.htm[Accessed 18 December 2013].
- European Patients Forum (2010), The Value+ Toolkit. For Patient Organisations on Meaningful Patient Involvement. Patients Adding Value to Policy, Projects and Services. Brussels: European Patients For um.http://www.eu-patient.eu/Documents/Projects/ Value+%20Toolkit.pdf [Accessed 18 December 2013].Google Scholar
- European Union (2012), eHealth Task Force Report — Redesigning Health in Europe for 2020. http://www.e-health-com.eu/fileadmin/user_upload/dateien/Downloads/ redesigning_health-eu-for2020-ehtf-report2012_01.pdf [Accessed 18 December 2013]. Brussels, European Commission.Google Scholar
- Garreau, J. (2005), Radical Evolution. The Promise and Peril of enhancing Our Minds, Our Bodies — and What lt Means to Be Human. New York: Broadway Books.Google Scholar
- Hughes, J. (2004), Citizen Cyborg: Why Democratic Societies Must Respond to the Redesigned Human of the Future. New York: Basic Books.Google Scholar
- International Federation for Information Processing Working Group 9.2 (IFIP WG9.2) (2010), Converging Technologies: body, brain, and being, Working Conference in Maribor, Slovenia. 17 and 18 May 2010. http://www.itas.kit.edu/downloads/ ta-kalender_20100518_cfp_converging_technologies_ifip_wg9.pdf [Accessed 18 December 2013].
- Kickbusch, L., Pelikan, J.M., Apfel, F. and Tsouros, A.D. (eds) (2013), Health Literacy. The Solid Facts, World Health Organization. Copenhagen: WHO Regional Office for Europe.Google Scholar
- Kurzweil, R. (2006), The Singularity Is Near: When Humans Transcend Biology. London: Penguin Books.Google Scholar