The Economic Peace Theory
- 77 Downloads
The first chapter focuses on economic peace theories and their potential implementation in the Middle East, the different models of economic systems, and the economic system in Egypt, Israel, Jordan, and Palestine. We emphasize the economic and cultural gaps between those countries that need to be taken in consideration in proposals for economic cooperation.
KeywordsGross Domestic Product Government Spending Economic Freedom Foreign Currency Arab Country
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Azar, E. E. (1990). The Management of Protracted Social Conflict. Theory and Cases, Aldershot: Dartmouth.Google Scholar
- Becker, D. (2005). Reconciliation—The Wrong Track to Peace? Intervention 2005, vol. 3 (3), 167–179.Google Scholar
- Byrne, S., Thiessen C., and Fissuh, E. (2007). Economic Assistance and Peacebuilding in Northern Ireland: Peace Research. The Canadian Journal of Peace and Conflict Studies vol. 39 (1–2), 7–22.Google Scholar
- Central Bank of Egypt (2013). Economic Review of the Central Bank, vol. 52 (4), 90–98 http://www.cbe.org.eg/NR/rdonlyres/9C4F7B11–161E-4673–84F6–6F5FCCD84C62/1902/EconomicReviewVol52No4E.pdf.
- Central Bank of Jordan (2012) Annual Report (2011).Google Scholar
- Church, C. and Shouldice, J. (2002). The Evaluation of Conflict Resolution Interventions, Part I: Framing the State of Play (Derry/Londonderry: INCORE).Google Scholar
- Dana, T. (2014). The Palestinian Capitalists That Have Gone Too Far. Alshabaka. January 2014.Google Scholar
- Department of Foreign Affairs (2006a). White Paper on Irish Aid (Dublin: DFA).Google Scholar
- Department of Foreign Affairs (2006b). Irish Aid: Annual Report 2006 (Dublin: DFA).Google Scholar
- Fitzduff, M. (2002). Beyond Violence: Conflict Resolution Process in Northern Ireland (Tokyo: United Nations University Press).Google Scholar
- Galtung, J. (1975). Three Approaches to Peace: Peacekeeping, Peacemaking, and Peacebuilding, in Peace, War and Defence: Essays in Peace Research, ed. John Galtung (Copenhagen: Christianjlers), 282–304.Google Scholar
- Goldie, R. and Murphy, J. (2010). Embedding the Peace Process: The Role of Leadership, Change and Government in Implementing Reforms in Policing and Local Governments in Northern Ireland. Chapter 2: Economic Systems International Journal of Peace Studies, vol. 15 (2).Google Scholar
- Guang, T., Minzhi, H., Xiayan, L., and Qinqin, D. (2013). Rethinking Economic System Reform in Modern China. China Asian Perspective Forum, vol. 3 (1), 17–43.Google Scholar
- Haaretz (2014). Only Competition Can Curb Predatory Market Power: Israeli Reforms Prove the State Revenue Administration Shows How Reforms in the Cellular Telephone Industry Helped All Israelis. The Dairy Giants Should be the Next Target. By Meirav Arlosoroff January 1, 2014. http://www.haaretz.com/business/.premium-1.566548
- Hamdan, A. (2012) Inequality in the Palestinian Context: Privatizing “Poverty.” Bisan Center for Research and Development. October 2012. http://www.heritage.org, index of economic freedom, 2012.
- Heilbroner, R. L. and Boettke P. J. (2007). Economic Systems, The New Encyclopedia Britannica, vol. 17, 908–915.Google Scholar
- Hoffman, S. (1965). The State of War (London: Pall Mall).Google Scholar
- Keating, T. and Knight, W. A. (2004). Building Sustainable Peace (Edmonton: University of Alberta Press and Tokyo: United Nations University Press, 2004).Google Scholar
- Killick, N., Srikantha, V., and Gunduz, C. (2005). The Role of Local Business in Peace Building [Online], Berghof Handbook.Google Scholar
- Lederach, J. P. (1997). Building Peace: Sustainable Reconciliation in Divided Societies (Washington DC: United States Institute of Peace).Google Scholar
- Lederach, J. P. (2003). The Little Book of Conflict Transformation. Intercourse, PA: Good Books.Google Scholar
- Marshall A. (1920). Principles of Economics (London: Macmillan).Google Scholar
- Matic, M., Byrne, S., and Fissuh, E. (2008). Awareness and Process: The Role of the European Union Peace II Fund and the International Fund for Ireland in Building the Peace Divide in Northern Ireland [Online], Journal of Conflict Studies, Available From: http://dev.hil.unb.ca/Texts/JCS/bin/get.cgi?directory=Summer07/&filename=jcs27art05.html, [Accessed 13/4/2010].
- NATO (2012). IKV Pax Christi Recommendations to the 2012 Nuclear Non Proliferation Treaty Preparatory Committee, http://www.nonukes.nl/media/files/2012recommendations.pdf
- OECD (2008). Guidance on Evaluating Conflict Prevention and Peacebuilding Activities: Working Draft for Application Period. Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD). Accessed online December 4, 2009 at http://www.oecd.org/secure/pdfDocument/0,2834,en2157136134047972397745741111,00.pdf.
- OECD (2010) Theories of Change and Indicator Development of Conflict Management and Mitigation. Contracted under DFD-I-00–05-00244–00 Task Order No. 10; This report was written by Susan Allen Nan. http://pdf.usaid.gov/pdf_docs/PNADS460.pdf
- Palestinian National Authority (PNA) (2011). National Development Plan (2011–2013).Google Scholar
- Reychler, L. and Paffenholz, T. (eds) (2001). Peace-Building: A Field Guide (Boulder, CO: Lynne Rienner).Google Scholar
- Shaikh, S. (2009). Comparative Study of the Major Economic Systems in the Aftermath of the Great Recession. MPRA Paper No. 19588, posted 25. December 2009 10: 51.Google Scholar
- Shapiro, I. (2002). Mapping Theories of Practice and Change: A Comparative Analysis of Intervention Programs Addressing Racial and Ethnic Tensions in U.S. Communities. PhD dissertation, George Mason University, Fairfax, VA.Google Scholar
- Shapiro, I. (2006). Extending the Framework of Inquiry: Theories of Change in Conflict Interventions, Berghof Handbook Dialogue Nr. 5. Berghof Center for Constructive Conflict Management.Google Scholar
- Shapiro, I. (2006). Theories of Practice and Change in Ethnic Conflict Interventions, in The Psychology of Resolving Global Conflicts, ed. M. Fitzduff, and C. Stout (New York: Praeger).Google Scholar
- United Nations Peacebuilding Support Office Strategy (PBSO) 2012–2013. http://www.un.org/en/peacebuilding/pbso/pdf/pbsostrategy-2012–2013.pdf.
- USAID (2010). UN Peacebuilding: An Orientation http://www.un.org/en/peacebuilding/pbso/pdf/peacebuilding_orientation.pdf