Business Education and Ethics: The Case of Mexico as an Emerging Market
The world is becoming ever more competitive and requires more special- ized skills as new technology and globalization have changed the nature of work. Leadership demands more knowledge than ever. The idea that education in general and higher education in particular is the pathway to the prosperity of individuals and nations has become more prominent than ever before.
KeywordsFinancial Crisis Business School Ethical Behavior Ethical Leader Business Practice
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Aristotle (2005). “Nichomaquean Ethics” in The Complete Works of Aristotle. Princeton, NJ: Princeton University Press.Google Scholar
- Arrow, K. (1974). The Limits of Organization. New York: Norton.Google Scholar
- Expansion (2011). Various, weekly magazine in Latin American business.Google Scholar
- Friedman, M. (2008) “The Social Responsibility of Business is to Increase Its Profit”, Reprinted in T. Donaldson and P. Werhane (eds) Ethical Issues in Business: A Philosophical Approach. Upper Saddle River, NJ: Pearson, Prentice Hall, pp. 34–39.Google Scholar
- MBA Oath. Responsible Value Creation (2012) “The MBA Oath”, February 18. http://mbaoath.org/about/the-mba-oath/.
- Nonaka, I. and Takeuchi, H. (2011) “The Wise Leader”, Harvard Business Review, May: 59–67.Google Scholar
- Obama for America (2008) “Barack Obama’s Plan to Restore Confidence in the Markets, Tackle the Housing Crisis and Help Protect Families from the Economic Slowdown”, March 15. http://obama.3cdn.net/f9836ef496f75a9be0_ 39gimvt5b.pdf.
- Rajan R. and Zingales L. (2004) “Making Capitalism Work for Everyone” (February), http://www.savingcapitalism.com/final.pdf.
- Sandel, M. (2009). Justice: Whats the Right Thing to Do? New York: Farrar, Strauss and Giroux.Google Scholar
- SEP (Secretaria de Educaciôn Publica, 2011). October 5. http://www.snie.sep.gob.mx/.
- Sen, A. (2000) Development as Freedom. New York: Anchor Books.Google Scholar
- Smith, A. (1976a). An Inquiry into the Nature and Causes of the Wealth of Nations. (General editors) R. H. Campbell and A. S. Skinner; (textual editor) W. B. Todd. Oxford: Clarendon Press.Google Scholar
- Smith, A. (1976b). The Theory of Moral Sentiments. (General editors) R. H. Campbell and A. S. Skinner; (textual editor) W. B. Todd. Oxford: Clarendon Press.Google Scholar
- Solomon, R (2008). “Corporate Roles, Personal Virtues: An Aristotelean Approach to Business Ethics”. In T. Donaldson and P. H. Werhane (eds) Ethical Issues in Business: A Philosophical Approach. Upper Saddle River, NJ: Pearson, Prentice Hall, pp. 66–77.Google Scholar
- Tecnolôgico de Monterrey (2012). “Mision y Vision”, January 10. http://www.itesm.edu/wps/wcm/connect/ITESM/Tecn ologico+de+Monterrey/Nosotros/ Principios%2C+vision+y+mision/Vision+y+Mision+2015/.
- The Economist (2012). “Regulation”, March 16. http://www.economist.com/ economics-a-to-z/r#node-21529809.
- The New York Times (2009). “A Promise to Be Ethical in an Era of Immorality”. http://www.nytimes.com/2009/05/3 0/business/3 Ooat h.html.
- The New York Times (2012). “Vast Mexico Bribery Case Hushed Up by Wal-Mart after Top-Level Struggle”. http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/22/business/at-wal-mart-in-mexico-a-bribe-inquiry-silenced.html?_r=l&pagewanted=all.
- Thunderbird School of Global Management (2012). Thunderbird Oath of Honor. http://oath.thunderbird.edu/?utm_source=Tbirdhomepage&utm_ m edium =banner&utm_campaign=Oath.
- Transparency International (2012). “Comrption by Country/Mexico”. http://www.transparency.org/country#MEX.
- Zingales, L. (2012). “Do Business Schools Incubate Criminals?” http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012–07-16/do-business-schools-incubate-crim.inals-.html.