A View to the Future
Understanding the performance of mergers and acquisitions (M&As) has been part of the strategic management, corporate finance, and organizational behaviour literature for decades (e.g. Martynova and Renneboog, 2008).
KeywordsSupport Vector Machine Abnormal Return Hypothesis Space Successful Deal Fourth Degree Polynomial
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- N. Carline, S. Linn, and P. Yadav. The impact of firm-specific and deal-specific factors on the real gains in corporate mergers and acquisitions: an empirical analysis, University of Oklahoma Working Paper, 2002.Google Scholar
- Corinna Cortes and Vladimir Vapnik. Support-vector networks. Machine Learning, 20(3): 273–297, 1995.Google Scholar
- R. O. Duda and P. E. Hart. Pattern Classification. John Wiley and Sons, New York, 2000.Google Scholar
- Simon Haykin. Neural Networks, A Comprehensive Foundation. Prentice Hall, Upper Saddle River, New Jersey, 1999.Google Scholar
- M. A. Hitt and V. Pisano. The cross-border merger and acquisition strategy: a research perspective, management research. The Journal of the Iberoamerican Academy of Management, 1(2): 133–144, 2003.Google Scholar
- M. C. Jensen. Agency costs of free cash flow, corporate finance, and takeovers. American Economic Review, 76: 323–329, 1986.Google Scholar
- M. C. Jensen. Agency Costs of Overvalued Equity, Work in Progress, Harvard Business School, 2003.Google Scholar
- K. J. McCarthy. Understanding Success and Failure in Mergers and Acquisitions, Phd Theses in Economics and Business, University of Groningen, 2011.Google Scholar
- T. Mitchell. Machine Learning. McGraw-Hill Education (ISE Editions), New York 1997.Google Scholar
- Stuart Russell and Peter Norvig. Artificial Intelligence: A Modern Approach. Prentice Hall, Englewood Cliffs, NJ, 2nd edition, 2003.Google Scholar
- B. Schoelkopf and A. J. Smola. Learning with Kernels. The MIT Press, Cambridge, MA, 2002.Google Scholar
- V. Vapnik. Estimation of Dependencies Based on Empirical Data. Springer-Verlag, New York, 1982.Google Scholar