Quantitative Methods in Action Research
- 1.1k Downloads
As adults, our lives are filled with interesting problems to solve. Some are small—what to serve at a dinner party or what present to give a daughter on her fifth birthday. Others are larger and require more systematic investigation—what car to purchase with limited funds or where to live when moving to a new region. Some of our most perplexing problems face us at work—how to improve the morale of a work group or how to rev up eighth graders’ excitement about algebra. All of these problems have something in common; at the end of reflection, investigation, and decision making, we take action.
KeywordsBehavioral Problem Action Research Project Action Researcher Professional Learning Community Extant Data
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Bethehem, J., & Biffignandi, S. (2012). Handbook of web surveys. Hoboken, NJ: Wiley.Google Scholar
- Chambers, K. (2010). Emailed letter to Illinois State Board of Education written in conjunction with Illinois Public School District superintendent compensation: Influencing variables. ProQuest Digital Dissertations, AAT 3411105.Google Scholar
- Dillman, D. A., Smyth, J. D., & Christian, L. M. (2009). Internet, mail, and mixed-mode surveys: The tailored design method. Hoboken, NJ: Wiley.Google Scholar
- DuFour, R., & Eaker, R. (1998). Professional learning communities at work: Best practices for enhancing student achievement. Bloomington, IN: National Education Service.Google Scholar
- Fink, A. G. (Ed.). (2009). How to conduct surveys: A step-by-step guide. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage.Google Scholar
- Fowler, F. J. (1995). Improving survey questions: Design and evaluation. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage.Google Scholar
- Lee, K. L., & Low, G. T. (2010). The influence of social power and educational orientation on the outcomes of superior-subordinate dyadic relationship. European Journal of Social Science, 16(4), 598–616.Google Scholar
- Likert, R. (1932). A technique for the measurement of attitudes. Archives of Psychology, 140, 1–55.Google Scholar
- Lo, B. (2010). Ethical issues in clinical research: A practical guide. Philadelphia, PA: Lippencott, Williams & Wilkins.Google Scholar
- Office of Justice Programs. (n.d.). Retrieved from http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/funding/decision_tree.htm.
- Rea, L. M., & Parker, R. A. (2005). Designing and conducting survey research: A comprehensive guide. San Francisco, CA: Jossey-Bass.Google Scholar
- Reformed Teaching Observation Protocol. (2007). Retrieved from http://physicsed.buffalostate.edu/AZTEC/RTOP/RTOP_full.Google Scholar
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. (2011). ANPRM for revision to common rule. Retrieved from http://www.hhs.gov/ohrp/humansubjects/anprm2011page.html.Google Scholar