We let go of the reins of power after each election - the media should enable us to keep a hand on them in between times too.
So spoke a caller to Right To Reply, Channel 4’s network television series. The caller was responding to a politics special broadcast entitled ’MP TV. During the programme members of the public debated with politicians and political correspondents about why political coverage is such a turn off with the viewers.
KeywordsAward Winner Current Affair News Bulletin British Telecom Local Democracy
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
Notes and References
- Barber, Benjamin R. (1995) Jihad Vs McWorld, Random House.Google Scholar
- Barber, Benjamin R., (1998) A Place For Us’ - How To Make Society Civil And Democracy Strong. Hill and Wang, New York.Google Scholar
- Fishkin, James S. (1995) The Voice Of The People, Yale University Press.Google Scholar
- Fouhy, E. (1994) Civic Catalyst Pew Center For Civic Journalism p.l.Google Scholar
- UNESCO (1996) ‘Power of Culture’, World Report.Google Scholar