Foreign Market Servicing Strategies and Competitiveness
- 39 Downloads
Firms adopt markedly different approaches in servicing their foreign markets. A subsidiary company tends to be preferred to licensing or to using agents. This is seen as the best way to get closer to customers and achieve long-term benefits.
KeywordsForeign Direct Investment Competitive Advantage Market Service Multinational Company Service Strategy
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Porter M. E., Competitive Advantage: Creating and Sustaining Superior Performance, Free Press, 1985.Google Scholar
- 4.Porter, M. E., (ed.), Competition in Global Industries, Harvard University Press, 1986.Google Scholar
- 5.Buckley, Peter J. and Casson, M., The Future of the Multinational Enterprise, Macmillan, 1976.Google Scholar
- 6.Root, F. R., Entry Strategies for International Markets, Lexington Books, 1989.Google Scholar
- 9.Buckley, Peter J. and Davies, H., ‘Foreign Licensing in Overseas Operations: Theory and Evidence from the UK’, in Technology Transfer and Economic Development, JAI Press, 1980.Google Scholar