Key Historical Events. Treaties with Britain of 1882 and 1892 were replaced by a treaty of friendship which was signed on 15 Aug. 1971. Under the earlier treaties Britain had been responsible for Bahrain’s defence and foreign relations. On the same day the State of Bahrain declared its independence.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Al-Khalifa, A. and Rice, M. (eds.) Bahrain through the Ages. London, 1993Google Scholar
- Al-Khalifa, H. bin I.; First Light: Modern Bahrain and its Heritage. London, 1995Google Scholar
- Lawson, F. H., Bahrain: The Modernization of Autocracy. Boulder, 1989Google Scholar
- Unwin, P. T. H., Bahrain. [Bibliography]. London and Santa Barbara, 1984Google Scholar
- National statistical office: Central Statistics Organization, Council of Ministers, Manama.Google Scholar