The Mismanagement of Credit Risk
- 149 Downloads
We are still in the midst of a major financial crisis that hit the western world in a vicious manner, and continues to shake the confidence of businesses and of consumers. For all practical purposes the Federal Reserve has got it wrong (Chapter 2), starting with Alan Greenspan who tried to work out his surroundings by feeling his way by touch in a darkened room. Additionally, an uncontrolled financial globalization has made things worse, not better (Chapter 3).
KeywordsCredit Risk Credit Rating Hedge Fund Credit Default Swap International Financial Reporting Standard
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.ECB, Financial Stability Review, December 2007.Google Scholar
- 6.D.N. Chorafas, Rocket Scientists in Banking. Lafferty Publications. London and Dublin, 1995.Google Scholar
- 10.Bernard M. Baruch, Baruch: My Own Story. Henry Holt, New York, 1957.Google Scholar
- 13.D.N. Chorafas, An Introduction to Derivative Financial Instruments. McGraw-Hill, New York, 2008.Google Scholar
- 21.Basel Committee, Liquidity Risk: Management and Supervisory Challenges. BIS, Basel, February 2008.Google Scholar
- 38.D.N. Chorafas, Economic Capital Allocation with Basle II: Cost and Benefit Analysis. Butterworth-Heinemann, London and Boston, 2004.Google Scholar