When a Jew sees a member of another faith, how does he/she explain it to himself/herself?
KeywordsTruth Claim John Hick Religious Truth Catholic Theologian Pluralist Position
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Alan Race, Christians and Religious Pluralism: Patterns in the Christian Theology of Religions (Maryknoll, NY: Orbis Books, 1983);Google Scholar
- Current readable summaries are provided by Paul F. Knitter, Introducing Theologies of Religions (Maryknoll, NY: Orbis Books, 2002);Google Scholar
- Veli-Matti Kärkkäinen, An Introduction to the Theology of Religion: Biblical, Historical, and Contemporary Perspectives (Downers Grove, IL: InterVarity Press, 2004).Google Scholar
- 2.John Hick and Paul F. Knitter, The Myth of Christian Uniqueness: Toward a Pluralistic Theology of Religions (Maryknoll, NY: Orbis Books, 1987); Langdon Gilkey, “Plurality and Its Theological Implications,” in The Myth of Christian Uniqueness. Google Scholar
- 4.George Lindbeck, The Church in a Postliberal Age (Grand Rapids, MI: William B. Eerdmans Pub., 2003);Google Scholar
- Holmes Roiston, Religious Inquiry—Participation and Detachment (New York: Philosophical Library, 1985), 244.Google Scholar
- 6.S. Mark Heim, The Depth of the Riches: A Trinitarian Theology of Religious Ends. (Grand Rapids: Eerdmans, 2001).Google Scholar
- 8.Henry Siegman, “Ten Years of Catholic-Jewish Relations: A Reassessment,” Encounter Today 11, 2–3 (1976): 87–8.Google Scholar
- Ewert H. Cousins, Global Spirituality toward the Meeting of Mystical Paths, Madras University Philosophical Series, 42 (Madras, India: Radhakrishnan Institute for Advanced Study in Philosophy, University of Madras, 1985);Google Scholar
- Steven T. Katz, Mysticism and Philosophical Analysis (New York: Oxford University Press, 1978);Google Scholar
- 10.Paul Griffiths, Problems of Religious Diversity (Oxford: Blackwell, 2001), 54;Google Scholar
- Gavin D’Costa, The Meeting of Religions and the Trinity (Maryknoll, NY: Orbis Books, 2000).Google Scholar
- 11.SchubertMiles Ogden, Is There Only One True Religion Or Are There Many? (Dallas: Southern Methodist University Press, 1992);Google Scholar
- David Lochhead, The Dialogical Imperative: A Christian Refection on Interfaith Encounter (Maryknoll, NY: Orbis Books, 1988).Google Scholar
© Alan Brill 2010