Government Intervention in Agriculture
- 119 Downloads
Presenting the economic rationale for government intervention in agriculture.
Analyzing the main economic policies affecting the agricultural sector.
Presenting a brief historical review of government involvement in agriculture in a selected number of EU countries prior to the implementation of the Common Agricultural Policy (CAP).
KeywordsAgricultural Sector Agricultural Policy Common Agricultural Policy Agricultural Market Structural Policy
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Balcet, G. (1997) L’Economia Italiana — Evoluzione, problemi e paradossi (Feltrinelli: Milano).Google Scholar
- Colman, D. and Young, T. (1993) Principles of Agricultural Economics — Markets and Prices in Less Developed Countries. (Cambridge: Cambridge University Press).Google Scholar
- Duby, G. and et Wallon, A. (1976) Histoire de la France Rurale (Tome 3, de 1787 à 1914), Editions du Seuil: Paris.Google Scholar
- Kennedy, A.K., Giblin, T. and McHugh, D. (1988) The Economic Development of Ireland in the Twentieth Century (London: Routledge).Google Scholar
- List, F. (1841) National System of Political Economy (London: Dent).Google Scholar
- OECD (1995) Agricultural Policies, Markets and Trade in OECD Countries. Monitoring and Outlook. Paris.Google Scholar
- O’Malley, L. (1982) Business Law (London: Sweet and Maxwell).Google Scholar
- O’Malley, E. (1989) Industry and Economic Development: The Challenge for the Latecomer (Dublin: Gill and MacMillan).Google Scholar
- Simpson, J. (1995) Spanish Agriculture — The long siesta 1765–65. (Cambridge: Cambridge University Press).Google Scholar
- Smith, A. (1776) An Enquiry into the Nature and Causes of the Wealth of Nations (Reprinted 1976, Chicago: Chicago University Press).Google Scholar
- Smith, M.J. (1990) The Politics of Agricultural Support in Britain — The development of the Agricultural Policy Community (Dartmouth: Aldershot).Google Scholar
- Tracy, M. (1989) Government and Agriculture in Western Europe 1880–1988 (3rd edition, New York, London: Harvester Wheatsheaf).Google Scholar
- Viner, J. (1950) The Customs Union Issue (London: Stevens and Sons).Google Scholar