Conclusion: South–South Cooperation Experiences Compared and the Way Forward
This book is not a comparative exercise per se. The guidelines presented in the Introduction were shared and discussed with all of the contributors; however, ultimately, each of them was free to put the emphasis on certain aspects of the theoretical framework so as to best reflect the specificities of their respective cases. Not all of the points mentioned (e.g. compliance with the Paris Declaration, the role of ideas, etc.) are relevant to all the South–South cooperation (SSC) providers covered in the book. The editors were anxious to let authors focus on what is most relevant in the case at hand and to let research questions emerge from observations of the cases and fieldwork rather than from a common list of imposed problématiques defined ex ante.
KeywordsForeign Policy United Arab Emirate Development Assistance Partner Country Development Cooperation
- APC-Colombia. 2015. Hoja de Ruta de la Cooperación Internacional 2015–2018. Bogota. https://www.apccolombia.gov.co/index.php?idcategoria=2362. Accessed 1 Mar 2016.
- Bräutigam, Deborah. 2008. China’s African Aid: Transatlantic Challenges. German Marshall Fund of the United States.Google Scholar
- Cabral, Lidia, and Julia Weinstock. 2010. Brazilian Technical Cooperation for Development: Drivers, Mechanics and Future Prospects. London: Overseas Development Institute.Google Scholar
- Tickner, Arlene B. 2007. Intervención por invitación: claves de la política exterior colombiana y de sus debilidades principales. Colombia Internacional 65: 90–111.Google Scholar
- Tickner, Arlene B., “Associated Dependent Security Cooperation.Colombia and the United States,” in Jana Hönke and Markus-Michael Müller, eds., The Global Making of Policing. Postcolonial Perspectives, London:Routledge, 2016, pp. 96–113.Google Scholar
- Sidiropoulos E, Pineda J, Chaturvedi S, Fues T (eds), Institutional Architecture & Development: Responses from Emerging Powers. Johannesburg: Jacana Media (Pty) Ltd, 2015.Google Scholar